Group Office Finance Manager
JOB PROFILE – GROUP OFFICE FINANCE MANAGER
Stadco is an international manufacturing group, part of Magna Automotive Inc. a Fortune 500 company listed in the US and Canada. It is a Tier 1 supplier of steel and aluminium pressings for the automotive industry. Pressings are the components which when they are finally welded together, make up a complete unpainted car body.
This is a diverse and exciting role and an integral part of the Magna subgroup finance team who manage and oversee the finance activities of the Stadco UK and German entities.
The individual will be a qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) and will have primary financial responsibility for the Group Office division, which contains all group departmental costs. They will manage all reporting and forecasting activities for this division, and ensure this division meets all Magna group policies and SOX controls, so the individual will need to have a diverse range of skills. They will directly manage and develop the other team member, an assistant accountant, and given the small finance team, it will require a hands on approach to work.
They will also equally support the Group Financial Controller to carry out the group consolidation and reporting activities, and manage certain other group cash flow and hedging activities.
Given the dual focus of this role with competing deadlines, the individual must be extremely organised and be able to easily prioritise tasks. As the individual will work closely with other senior managers and directors on a daily basis, great communication and “can do” attitude to work is vital.
This role will suit someone who is looking for a varied and challenging position, wishing to drive forward improvements and strengthen controls across the business, but is also comfortable dealing with the large amount of reporting and analysis which is required - a meticulous approach to work is therefore fundamental.
Being able to demonstrate strong system and financial modelling skills will be very advantageous.
· Financial management of the Group Office division using MFG-Pro ERP system including preparation of all monthly management information, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, submissions to group, and uploads into Hyperion HFM consolidation system
· Monthly cost centre reviews supporting each departmental budget holder monitor performance against budget
· Responsible for divisional cash reporting and VAT return submission
· Preparation of weekly group consolidated “Flash” reports
· Carrying out the monthly Hyperion consolidation for the group, and intercompany recharge and reconciliation process
· Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual subgroup reports and analysis and supporting the group quarterly forecasting process
· Supporting group systems and reporting model development
We will not accept applications from recruitment agencies.